In today’s digitally connected world, it’s essential to keep track of the SIM cards registered under your name for security and convenience. Checking your SIMs associated with your CNIC has never been easier. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps about how to check SIMs on CNIC via different methods, ensuring that you have complete control over your mobile connections.
A CNIC holds immense significance in Pakistan as it serves as undeniable proof of one’s identity. To strengthen national security, the Pakistani government has taken steps of linking all sim cards to CNICs. This means that every operational SIM card in Pakistan is registered under a specific CNIC number.
In Pakistan, every SIM card must undergo registration with the NADRA, and it must be linked to the customer’s CNIC number. In response to these challenges, PTA introduced the advanced SIM Information System back in 2009. This system was designed to maintain a digital record of SIM card subscribers, allowing users to conveniently check the number of active SIMs associated with their CNIC.
If you are uncertain about the number of SIM cards issued against your CNIC, want to verify their status, or need to take action such as blocking a specific sim, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will let you know about all those methods and ways that you can easily take to gain control over your mobile connections securely and effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Many SIMs Can Be Registered Against One CNIC?
- 2 How to Check SIMs on CNIC
- 3 Conclusion
How Many SIMs Can Be Registered Against One CNIC?
Understanding the limitations on the number of sim cards that can be registered against your CNIC is essential for managing your mobile connections effectively. The maximum number of SIM cards that can be issued by an individual is 5. This means that you can have a total of 5 active sims registered under your CNIC simultaneously.
How to Check SIMs on CNIC
At this hour of digital crimes, it’s crucial to keep tabs on the number of sim cards registered under your name to ensure your security. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore these methods to easily check your CNIC registered sims.
1. Online CNIC Verification
One of the most convenient ways to check the number of SIM cards registered against your CNIC is through online CNIC verification services. Many mobile network operators provide online portals where you can log in and access detailed information about your registered SIM cards.
Below here we are outlining the steps that you can take to check sims on CNIC online:
- Visit the official PTA-backed website, cnic.sims.pk.
- Enter your CNIC number in the required field.
- Click on the checkbox and hit the “Submit” button.
- A window will appear displaying information about the SIM cards registered against your CNIC.
This method offers a user-friendly interface and real-time updates, making it an efficient way to keep tabs on your SIM cards.
2. How to Check Sim on CNIC on SMS
Another quick way to check sims on CNIC is to use SMS service code. Follow these simple steps to get the required information at your fingertips:
- Compose a new message on your phone.
- Enter your CNIC number without any dashes in the message.
- Send the message to 668.
- You will receive an SMS with information about the number of SIM cards registered against your CNIC.
Please note that this method costs a charge of Rs.2+tax.
3. Contacting Customer Care
If you encounter any issues with online verification services or prefer speaking directly to a representative, you can contact your mobile network operator’s customer helpline. Most operators have dedicated helplines or customer service centers where you can inquire about the SIMs registered under your CNIC.
- For this, simply call the helpline.
- Once connected, request the details of your registered SIM cards from the customer care agent.
- The representative will ask you about your CNIC and other required information for verification.
- The operator’s customer support agent will guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary information.
Here are the helpline numbers for different mobile network operators working in Pakistan:
||111 or 111 300 300|
||333 or 111 333 100|
||345 or 111 345 100|
||310 or 111 222 111|
||321 or 111 111 321|
Checking Your SIM Number on Different Networks
If you’re a mobile user with multiple SIM cards from different network providers, keeping track of your SIM numbers is essential. Each network operator has its unique method for checking your SIM number. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled guides on how to check your SIM number for some of the leading network providers in Pakistan. Simply click on the links below to access detailed instructions:
- How to Check Your Jazz SIM Number: If you’re a Jazz user, find out how to easily retrieve your Jazz SIM number through quick and hassle-free methods.
- Ufone SIM Number Check Code: Ufone subscribers can learn how to check their SIM number with step-by-step instructions tailored for their network.
- Telenor SIM Number Check Code: Telenor users can access a dedicated guide on verifying their SIM number efficiently.
- Zong Number Check Code: You can also know Zong Number in Pakistan or Check Zong Number Details for insights.
These articles provide comprehensive insights into the unique procedures for checking your SIM number on different networks. Whether you’re a Jazz, Ufone, Zong or Telenor user, you’ll find the information you need to stay informed about your SIM card details.
4. Website Verification for Non-Residents
If you are not living in Pakistan but want to check the SIMs registered against your CNIC, you can use the official website.
Here is how you can do it while residing outside Pakistan:
- Visit the official PTA website.
- Hit the “Online SIM Information System” option.
- Enter the CNIC number of the person whose SIMs you want to check.
- Here you will be prompted to enter a code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- After processing, the screen will display the number of SIMs registered on your CNIC.
5. Physical Verification
Before relying solely on the information displayed on the PTA website, it’s essential to verify that the information is accurate. You can do it by checking the sim cards with you or by contacting the telecom operator directly.
- Start by gathering all the physical sim cards you have in your possession.
- Compare the information displayed on the sim cards with the details you’ve obtained through online verification or SMS methods.
- If you find sim cards that you did not receive, it’s essential to contact the customer support of the relevant mobile network operator immediately. Provide them with the details you’re concerned about and ask for clarification.
Keep in mind that the information displayed on the PTA website may not always be 100% accurate. Some telecom operators may not have updated their records with the PTA, or the information may be outdated. Therefore, physical verification or direct contact with the telecom operator can help ensure the accuracy of the data.
In conclusion, knowing the number of SIMs registered under your CNIC is crucial for your security and peace of mind. By following these methods, you can easily check the SIMs associated with your CNIC. Whether you’re in Pakistan or abroad, these methods provide accessible ways to verify your SIM card information.
Also check out the latest ways to track mobile number in Pakistan by following our easy and comprehensive guide.