According to Section 236 of the Income Tax Ordinance of 2001, PTCL is required to collect AIT from its clients as a provider of telephone and Internet services (ITO). All customers’ AIT must be collected on all types of receipts and billings.
Withholding tax certificates can be generated using PTCL Tax Certificates. Tax payments will be refunded when you file your income tax at the completion of the tax period. We indirectly pay withholding taxes to the government through our payments.
After the payment of tax, one must want to have its certificate. So, we have provided easy guidelines for getting PTCL With-Holding Tax Certificate.
How to Get PTCL With-Holding Tax Certificate
Follow these easy steps to get your Tax Certificate downloaded:
- Go to the PTCL website Withholding Tax Statement link: “https://ptcl.com.pk/CustomerTax/Taxinquiry”.
- Select “Evo/CharJi” or “Landline” from the options.
- Select “Area Code” and enter “Phone Number”.
- Enter the “Account ID” that is provided on your bill.
- Select the period for which you require the Tax statement (The typical tax season in Pakistan runs from July 1 to June 30 of the next year.)
- Enter the captcha that is given to you and click “Inquire Tax”.
Once you have finished the above processes, you may get your PTCL withholding tax certificate from the linked page. You can then use it to reclaim funds by filing your income tax online and adjusting it with the amount of income tax that is payable for the year. Remember to gather all the tax receipts you have paid this year to other businesses, such as Jazz, Ufone, UBL, etc.
If you want to know how to download PTCL duplicate bill, then you can read the easy downloading guidelines on our site.